Aug 2, 2013

Sundays at Tiffany's

     Hello all,

     I realized that the blog has been rather inactive lately so I thought I'd post something. Let's see...at the moment I'm rereading one of my favorite books, Sundays at Tiffany's. It's a lovely book that makes me cry hysterically as soon as I finish the first 36 pages.
     Here's how I summarized it to my friend Blackrabbit-san in an email:

     I'm reading only the best romance novel ever! There's a mean mother, an low-life, disgusting boyfriend, and her savior, the love of her life. He was there when she was 9 years old and he's there for her now. Jane's been neglected by her mother her entire life. Her father forgets about her while he honeymoons with his girlfriend. Her boyfriend is using her to star in the play she's written. How can this kind, smart, generous girl ever find happiness in this cruel world?! One word: Michael. 



     Hopefully that intrigued you. A film was also produced but it doesn't even begin to tell as good a story as the book. It's coauthored by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet, though it appears Patterson gets most of the credit. Even though his name is printed largely on the cover and Charbonnet's is smaller towards the bottom, I cannot commit myself to believing he is the artist of this master piece. It would appear that he conceived the original idea, as told by the introduction, but the eloquent wording and lovely descriptions are so unique, I am led to believe they were added by one particular writer. I'm not sure who wrote what, but I think that in any case Charbonnet deserves more recognition.




No comments:

Post a Comment