Jun 22, 2013

Ouran High School Host Club

Ellohay,

     Ouran High School Host Club certainly starts off with a weird, but funny twist. The other day I was skimming through Netflix and decided to try watching it. Many of my friends had told me it was a great anime.


     The anime follows a young girl named Haruhi Fujioka as she pretends to be a boy to work for her high school host club. She works to pay off her debt to the club after accidentally breaking their antique vase. The story is mainly about all of the crazy things that happen in the host club and the characters who are a part of it. The anime contains mostly comedy with a touch of romance. I also believe it's rated 13+, but there's nothing extremely inappropriate within the series.
     The manga was written by Bisco Hitori and later adapted into a 26-episode anime series in 2006.


     I found the series to have quite a lot of slap-stick humor, which is why I enjoyed it and continued watching it. The characterization was great, too; you really got to know the characters and have fun with them. I also feel that the voice acting was superb and very well cast. There were, however, a few problems I had with the series. The plot was rather stagnant and didn't evolve. There was so much comedy at times, the show became too silly.


     This anime is a perfect fit for those who like light and fluffy shows. Personally, I would have liked to have seen some more plot development and drama. Overall, I would rate it a 6/10. It was good, but not great.

Here's the first episode:




No comments:

Post a Comment