Jun 18, 2013

Struck By Lightning (Movie Review)

Wello-Hello my Good Fellows,



     I just finished watching this great dark comedy on Netflix, "Struck by Lightning.I'm not going to go into much detail on what it's about because I think it's one of those movies that's better to go into not knowing.
     It's NR (Not Rated), but I would personally rate it as PG-13, mainly for profanity. It is in some ways a tragedy, but it also has a comedic element. 
       Overall, I think it's a fantastic movie. All I'll tell you is that it's about a dedicated young boy who wants to become the editor of The New Yorker, but has many challenges along the way, such as a dysfunctional mother. The story is about how he blackmailed his peers to write for his literary magazine. I strongly recommend this movie.
     Although I loved this movie, there were a few monologues performed by the main character that sounded corny and overused. Otherwise I feel the writer, Chris Colfer, has written a successful movie and will get better with practice. Here's the trailer: 



No comments:

Post a Comment