Jun 18, 2013

The Gnome Chronicles Chapter 7

    "Fine!" you agree bitterly. "I'll train with you for as long as it takes me to wake up!  When do we start?" Cedric's face lit up. "Tomorrow, so we better get some sleep."
     He makes up bundles and piles of fabric scraps in which you are to sleep. "Don't worry, it's only temporary. We'll have to think of something else. Maybe we can go down to the markets in the bay area and  pick up a mattress." After hearing this, you curl up into your fabric scrap bed and go to sleep.
     A crack of sunlight comes ekes its way through a tiny window onto your eye. You see Cedric rustling about all over the place mumbling to himself. "Oh your awake! Perfect!" Before you can reply, a piece of toast is shoved into your mouth and you're whisked out the door.
     "First, let me show you the rest of my village and introduce you to some of my friends." Cedric drags you along by the wrist. "This path leads to the central part and the market place:

     "Oh, and living in that house is my good friend, Niles. There he is, watering his plants!

     "Let's go say 'hi.'" Cedric drags you over to the nearby garden. "Mornin' Niles." 
     Niles looks up. "Oh hello there, Cedric. Don't mind me, I'm just trying to revive my daisies after what that pesky chipmunk did. My efforts appear to be futile, unfortunately." "Aww, that's a shame. Hey, I'd like you to meet my friend here." Cedric shoves you in Niles' direction. "Um hello." Niles holds out his hand, "Pleasure to meet you. I'm sure you'll find Cedric to be most interesting company. You two ought to be off now, the morning market won't stay open forever." Cedric nodded, "thanks Niles."
     With that, Cedric leads you further down the path. 

PREVIOUS                                       To Be Continued....                             NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment